A true victory for human rights. By prosecuting Rios Montt, it will strengthen the notion that people will be held accountable for crimes against humanity and genocide. I am especially glad that they have decided to hold him accountable for genocide, since the number of victims was not great (1,771 people). Some would say that this was just a consequence of war and that genocide requires many more deaths. But that is not true. Genocide is not and should not be determined by the number of deaths, but by the strategic and well devised plan to annihilate a group, in this case Indian villages.
- RT @lemondefr: #Bruxelles L'hommage de Plantu bit.ly/25hXK8R https://t.co/WNoXNAwCUT 10 months ago
- To Maintain Supply of Sex Slaves, ISIS Pushes Birth Control nyti.ms/1QTDS2c 10 months ago
- America’s presidential election: Pushback econ.st/21G5ulP via @TheEconomist 10 months ago
- Schumpeter: Open for business econ.st/1LTEuYO via @TheEconomist 10 months ago
- An age-old cure for what ails the world devex.com/news/an-age-ol… 11 months ago